Fundraising and community outreach efforts of the Tanz Centre are guided by a dedicated and visionary group of individuals who have contributed their expertise to assist the Tanz scientists in achieving their mission to lead global research and education in neurodegenerative disease.
For many, their own experiences with neurodegenerative disease have inspired their contributions of time and energy to help understand and prevent Alzheimer’s and other devastating brain diseases. We thank them for their tremendous support and guidance.
Stuart Tanz (Chair)
Stuart Tanz has served as the President and CEO of Retail Opportunity Investments Corporation (ROIC) since 2009. Prior to joining ROIC, Mr. Tanz was the Chief Executive Officer of United Income Properties Inc., a privately owned retail real estate development company in Southern California which developed, owned and operated various shopping centres in Southern California.
In addition to his philanthropic support, Mr. Tanz has been a member of the Tanz Centre Steering Committee since 2011. In 2014 he was appointed as the new Chair.
The Tanz Centre would like to acknowledge the dedicated efforts of the members of the External Advisory Committee, including:
- Jordan Banks, Managing Director, Facebook Canada
- Mary Clark, Philanthropist and Community Leader
- Graham Collingridge, Director, Tanz Centre
- Paul Godfrey, President and CEO, Postmedia Network Inc.
- Heather Hunter, Philanthropist and Community Leader
- Mark Krembil, President, Krembil Foundation
- Geoff Matus, Chairman, Tricon Capital Group Inc.
- Joel Reitman, President, Jillcy Investments Ltd.
- Lionel Schipper, President, Schipper Enterprises, Past Co-chair, Tanz Steering Committee
- Mark Tanz, Community Volunteer, Past Co-chair, Tanz Steering Committee